Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day Twenty-six



I saw a beautiful vista view and I tried to get a picture. I was at Brushnell Knob.
 Zigfoot took a picture, and it seems to me that his pictures turn out better than mine.
He is posting his pics on trailjournals.com/zigfoot. Later, when I got to Hogsback Gap, there were benches!
They were made from a split tree. I heard a pillated woodpecker. I saw a pretty little bluebird who was on the path and was hurt. It got away from me as fast as it could. I also saw a snake and it wasn’t a garter snake, either. I got to Cody Gap at 10:22. I checked the time because Zig drew Zigfoot 9:00 in the dirt. It really wasn’t a bad hike today, 6 miles with a little up and down. Zig and I hung my rope because he lost his on the trail yesterday. I saw it, but didn’t pick it up. Rats. Then we gathered firewood. We’re heading into Fontana Dam tomorrow. Bob did 12 miles today so he could get there early. Zigfoot and I had a nice fire courtesy of me.
I hacked and coughed and had to get up about 6 times while at Cable Gap shelter. The last time I got up, Zig was up and said it was 3 a.m. Then the storm came. As far as storms go, it wasn’t too bad. 

1 comment: