Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day Seventeen


I slept with Al Pacino back in his ‘Serpico’ days. My emails are not going through. I am running low on my medicine and I ran out of toilet paper. You gotta ‘hike your own hike”. I got hot chocolate yesterday from a couple and Al gave me coffee this morning. Two days to Franklin, and it looks like it might not rain today. My day started out tough. I stayed at Carter Gap Shelter and was ready to crawl under the shelter when I realized there was plenty of floor space after everyone got in their bags, so Al and I spread the tarp on the floor. All I had was a roof and I watched the light of day fade into the night over the mountain in Nantahala Forest.
Everyone got an early start and I messed around, drank coffee, washed my teeth and swept my tarp. Then I went down three wrong paths until I begged a camper to show me the trail. “Al” left his pack cover and I know he’s going to Rock Gap Shelter tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment