Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day Sixteen


I went 7 ½ miles in 5 ½ hours. It was a nice hike.  Not a lot of uphill. Lots of flowers blooming, a quiet day. I passed three hikers and one was a girl. Then this big dog came right up to me, looking for love. His man was from North Carolina and was just out day hiking because Forest the dog really likes it. I saw a bumblebee, some birds and blackberry bushes. There was a huge tree right on the trail. I had to figure out how to get over it. In Georgia, when there is a tree on the trail, they cut it out and leave a nice log for resting my pack on. Here in North Carolina they don’t take care of their shelters as well as they do in Georgia. It just sprinkled on me a little today but now that I’m at the shelter it is pouring down rain. I changed my clothes and did a survey for Bunny from Alaska. She is really cute and promised to buy us all beer when we get to town.


No comments:

Post a Comment