On the trail.
![]() |
| Wait up, Amy! |

We drove back up to Winding Stair Gap and Jeff took the lead. The only way I caught up with Amy was because she kept stopping to take pictures of the flora. We decided to have lunch at Siler Bald Shelter and you won’t believe who was there! Booger Bob & Zig Foot! They are so funny! I’m glad Amy & Jeff got to meet them. And that pack cover did not belong to Mountain Man, it belonged to Zig! I told him, “Mister, you better pack up good tomorrow because I won’t be here to pick up after you.”
We took our picture together. I found out his real name is
Frank and he’s from Ohio, like Jeff. We hiked a ways further. It was like ½
uphill from that shelter and came to a big open area with tall grasses. Amy
& Jeff went on up this hill and could see 360 degrees. Amy took pics and it
was beautiful. We came to a high spring that is pure water because water was coming right out of the mountain.
![]() |
| Tripper & Zig Foot |

Jeff found a wonderful campsite so we set up and built a fire. We hiked six miles today- plus the mile in and out of the shelter, plus they went up that hill and then they went back to the spring for water. I did 7 miles and they did 8 or 9. I am finally CAMPING! I love it!
I got to set up my new tent and Jeff suggested no rain flies. It’s a beautiful night. The birds are still singing even though the sun has set. Ready to sit by the fire. Oh, and I love Jeff. He is such a neat guy.


We had a great time hiking with you. In hindsight we probably shouldn't have hiked 22 miles in 3 days. Jeff had some killer blisters he's still recovering from.
ReplyDelete