Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day fourteen cont'd.


Day 14 cont’d.

I really pushed myself today. I wanted to make Muskrat Creek in less than 8 hours. I did great and felt good until I hit the North Carolina line, then it was all uphill. I climbed 2100 feet. Not all at once, but over the whole trail, mostly in North Carolina. That’s right- I hiked Georgia! Of course I stopped along the way. Saw a snail, where did he pick up his shell? Saw a little bird, flitting from tree to tree.
I have to take my pack off to pee, and when I want a drink, I have to find a good log so I can brace my pack, unhook the front and twist my arm around to get my water bottle. I’m getting pretty good at it.
I met a nice young man named Austin. He kept the fire burning all evening and even burned a bunch of trash that somebody left behind. I gave him the trail name ‘Pyro’. He liked that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment