Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Gooch Mountain


I was getting really close to Gooch Mountain shelter when who do I see but Booger Bob! Bless his heart, he came to meet me. He said he was starting to get worried about me and he kept asking everyone if they’d seen me. Of course they had- they’d all passed me!
When I got to the shelter, I had to pull my tent out and try to get it dry. Today was the first day it didn’t rain. My tent was a mess. 
Delta Dawn and Jeff stayed at the shelter too. She’s a nurse and he’s a nice guy. 
 They had told me that they were #1136 & #1137 on the ‘through’ hiker log for this year. That’s amazing!
It had gotten cold, so Bob got a fire going. Jeff had a guitar, of all things, and played it into the night. I rubbed Delta’s shoulders, so she gave me a Cadbury Caramel egg. Will work for chocolate! Then I traded a pack of Ramen noodles for a cigarette. There was so much trading and swapping going on around that fire, you’d have thought it was a white elephant party!
I slept well that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment