Sitting here at Black Gap, letting everything dry out. It rained like the sky was falling. I should have stayed in the lodge with Jerry, Chris and the mouse, but noooo, I had to stay in my tent!
When I woke up, everything was nearly floating around the tent.
Jerry & Chris saw those two Scottish guys too, and we were all wondering how they fared in the rain. I know the wool on their kilts and sashes doesn't hold water very well. Those boys must be eating bugs and drinking out of streams. Wouldn't you get chafed, hiking around in a skirt? Anyhoo, they said they were heading to Maine, cool.
I made it to the trail head, but not before I tried to take my tent down. It poured again and it was a mess!
I took off again about 12:20 p.m.
*Thank you, Cheri, for the frogger gear! She's my step kid, friend and a lifesaver.
Later, I met White Socks and Juniper (trail names) at the trail head, then met up with them again at Springer Mountain shelter. They took off in the rain, but then Grizzly Adams and Bob Gomer came to stay the night. Bob even gave me a cig!


No comments:
Post a Comment