Left Tray Mountain Shelter about 9:30 a.m. It took me 8
hours to hike 6 ½ miles. I thought I’d gotten lost. I had 13 people pass me and
only a couple of them stopped to talk. I guess I must not have slept well,
because every time I stopped to catch my breath I stayed too long. By the time
I got to Deep Gap Shelter, I just wanted to cry. It’s a really nice shelter. I
took a picture, and Kong is here. He’s the bulldog and he wanted to play. He’s
been doing everything he can to lift my mood- and it worked. The men are
building a fire. I don’t want to go to bed before dark, but it’s definitely
going to be an early night. I hope to have a better day tomorrow.
Day Twelve cont’d.
Every morning before I set off on the trail I pull out my compass and make sure it and I are pointing north. No need to back track.
Every morning before I set off on the trail I pull out my compass and make sure it and I are pointing north. No need to back track.
I hiked the 3 ½ miles from Deep Gap shelter to Dick’s Creek
Gap and could barely get a signal to call a shuttle. Got to Hiawassee again and
NO medicine! Damn! I had a good day, hit the dollar store, loaded up on
groceries and hit Daniel’s Break House for all you can eat buffet. Then I went
to the grocery store for cheese and crackers and Barefoot merlot. Got a shower and
got my laundry done. Drank my wine and
visited these other hikers. Then Eddie came back! He runs and operates Quality
Coatings and I saw him here at Budget Inn four days ago. He is such a nice guy,
and we visited when he came back tonight.
He works up and down these mountains and it was sure nice getting to
know him. Back on the trail tomorrow! Meeting up with my niece and nephew in 7
days. YAY!

The trail should be busy this three day week-end. Watch for two of my favorite people.
ReplyDelete