Friday, May 11, 2012

Equipment thoughts


I really didn’t want to know how much my pack weighed, which is why I didn’t weigh it back at Amicolola Falls. Well yesterday I stopped at a little falls and a man asked me how much my pack weighed. Apparently this is a big deal on the trail. Everyone knows how much their pack weighs and they all want to know how much YOUR pack weighs. Geez. Then they all like to compare equipment.  Most men like to think their equipment is the biggest- but not on the trail. Everything is small, compact and lightweight. Go figure.
So far, I have been the only woman on the trail, such an empowering feeling. I feel so brave. I AM a bad ass!

2 comments:

  1. I am Woman Hear me Roar

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUSIE! .... how's the coffee thing working?

    If ya let the 2 man tent go, what then?

    billyloco

    ReplyDelete